This Policy describes how medical and/or other information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information.
• At TBD Care, We take great care to improve the healthy environment around us. We help families, individuals, and businesses to enjoy an integrated healthcare system, and to raise their standard of living we value the trust you have placed in us and intend to continue to earn your trust each day, therefore, protecting the privacy of your personal information is a major priority throughout all of our business practices and procedures.•
Personal Information We Collect:
- We receive information from you on applications for insurance and related forms. We also receive information from outside sources, including eligibility listings from employers and providers of administrative services. This information may include, amongst other things:
- Contact Information (e.g., name, phone number, address, and email address);
- Date of Birth; marital status
- Financial information(e.g., bank account, debit, and credit card account numbers, balances, and information related to payment for healthcare services),
- Government identification numbers (e.g., Driver’s License Number, National Voter’s Card Number, National Identification Number);
- Benefits coverage information and Health Information (e.g., health insurance status and information related to healthcare services received from healthcare providers);
- Geo-Location and other demographic information;
- In connection with your use of our Website, we may collect the following information:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- The e-mail addresses of users who communicate with us;
- Aggregate information on what pages on our Website users’ access or visit;
- Login Information;
- Information volunteered by the user, such as site registration and email update requests;
- Information is necessary to complete transactions with us.
We retain personal information only so long as required by our business practices or by applicable law.
Personal Information We Disclose:
- We do not disclose any non-public information about you to anyone, except as authorized or as permitted or required by law.
- We do not sell or disclose your personal information to anyone for purposes unrelated to our products and services.
- We may disclose your personal information to underwrite your health insurance coverage, process and record your premium payments, communicate your eligibility for benefits as provided in the policies, protect you against fraud, and service your health insurance claims.
- From time to time, we may disclose information to fulfill certain legal and regulatory requirements or if we believe, in good faith, that such disclosure is legally required or necessary to protect others’ rights or to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity. We may also provide information to a court, government agency, or other third parties when subpoenaed or as otherwise required by law. Further, in the event TBD Care is subject to a merger or acquisition, we may provide information to the new owners of the business. Disclosure may also be required for company audits or hold an investigation of a complaint or security threat.
Confidentiality and Security of Personal Information
- We restrict access to information about you to employees who need to know that information in order to provide the benefits and services pertinent to your health care policy. Our employees are trained and required to safeguard all such information. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect information about you from disclosure. If at any time in the future, it is necessary to disclose any of your personal information in a manner that is inconsistent with this Policy, we will give you advance notice of the proposed change so that you will have the opportunity to consent or refuse consent to such disclosure.
- You may choose to restrict our use of your information. You may exercise your choice to “opt-out” of providing personal information in many ways When selecting to use certain services or features of our Website, you can choose whether to share personal information with respect to the particular service or feature. If you receive communications from us that you do not want to receive, you can opt-out from receiving these communications, by requesting that we remove your information from our database.
- You may also opt-out entirely from providing personal information to us by not creating an account on our Website, or not completing transactions with us through the Website. You may also choose a later date to have your name removed from our database. However, certain sections of our Website do require registration in order to use these sections and services. If you choose not to register or provide certain information, these sections will not be available for your use.
- We will not use your information for any purpose other than for those purposes you have authorized. Further, we will not use your information for a purpose that is incompatible with the purpose for which you originally authorized it.
- Your user account containing your information is password protected. Only those who log on with your password can access your account. Our authorized personnel may also access your user account. Any transactions requiring you to enter personal identifying information are submitted via a secure, encrypted page. We have taken appropriate security measures to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, please remember that you play a valuable part in security as well. Your password to access your account should never be shared with anyone and should only be exclusive to the phone that is used.
- We make every effort to ensure that the information on the Website, as well as the information which you have provided to us, is reliable for the use you intend and that it is accurate, complete, and current.
Effective Date and Future Changes:
Disclaimers and Limitations on Liability
- TBD Care makes no warranty of any kind whatsoever –express or implied –with respect to the contents of its Services. TBD Care hereby disclaims all implied warranties for merchantability, title, non-infringement for a particular purpose. You expressly agree that your use of our Services is at your sole risk. It is solely your independent duty and responsibility to verify and evaluate the accuracy, correctness, reliability, and completeness of ANY Services. We make no warranty or guarantee that any content available for downloading is free from infection from any computer programming or other glitches that may contaminate damage, interfere with, destroy, intercept, or expropriate any system, data, or personal information.
TBD Care’s Representations and Disclaimers
- TBD Care makes no representations, warranties, or guarantees with respect to quotes, terms, rates, coverage. TBD Care believes the content provided through its Services to be accurate, complete, and current. However, inadvertent technical or factual inaccuracies may arise and, therefore, TBD Care does not warrant that its content is accurate, complete, and current. Content that TBD Care provides through its Services is meant to assist you with insurance and financial decisions.
- By using our Services, you represent and warrant to us that:
You are at least 18 years of age; and
- You are authorized to purchase and bind this insurance on behalf of the individual, company, or entity applying for medical coverage;
- You authorize TBD Care, as well as its agents and representatives, to obtain information as a third party in order to assess your insurability, or for any permissible purpose.
Intellectual Property Rights
- Any information, advice, data, software, or other content, which may be contained in or downloaded from our Services (collectively referred to as “Content”), including, but not limited to, all text, graphics, charts, images, videos, icons, and renditions, are copyrighted by, or otherwise licensed to, us or our Content suppliers. We also own copyrights to a collective work in the selection, coordination, arrangement, organization, navigation, presentation, display, and selective alteration of the Content (referred to as “Collective Work”). All software used in providing or supporting our Services (“Software”) is our property or the property of our software vendors. Any access you may have, including but not limited to, viewing, reading, printing, downloading, or otherwise using the Content, Collective Work, or Software does not waive any of our rights and does not entitle you or any third party to any ownership or intellectual property rights.
Our Services Are Not Intended for Minors
- Our Services are not directed to minors, that is, persons younger than 18 years old. If you are not at least 18 years old, please do not attempt to access our services. We do not knowingly contact or collect personal information from persons under 18 years old, and such a person should not provide us with any information.
- The Parties shall in good faith, use their reasonable best efforts to resolve any dispute that may arise in relation to this Agreement through dialogues and negotiations within ten (10) days of such dispute’s occurrence.
- Where the Parties cannot jointly resolve the dispute wholly or partly, the dispute shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration.
- All reasonable costs and expenses attributable to the arbitration (including the fees of the arbitrator) shall be allocated equally between the Parties unless the arbitrator shall determine it is appropriate under the circumstances to allocate such costs and expenses in a different manner.
Notification of Changes
Neither party shall be responsible for any delay or failure in any performance due to acts of God, war, warlike conditions, blockade, embargoes, riots, government restriction, labor disturbances, unavailability of anticipated or usual means of supplies, wrecks, epidemics, quarantine, fire, flood, earthquake, explosion, any unforeseen change in circumstances, or any other causes beyond any party’s reasonable control.