Second Medical Opinion
- Our clients can have a second medical opinion with no extra cost added, as we provide all our members with an access to a global standard service from our medical team that offers a review of their diagnosis by a medical expert in the exact field.
This service designed to assist with queries such as:
• is my diagnosis correct?
• what does my diagnosis tell or mean?
• is the proposed planed treatment correct?
• is there any additional information available about my current condition?
• is there an alternative treatment that would be better for me locally or globally?
- Any member can access this service via their TBD Care mobile App, or by calling our client services line (0800 150 150) and speaking to one of our advisers.
Our advisers will assess the case, and then pass details on to our medical team. If appropriate they will assign a doctor to contact, you to discuss your case in more detail. If required, the doctor will help to gather all the relevant information, including tests, scans and reports.
Your details will be reviewed by one or more medical experts in the field, and a report is compiled which reviews your diagnosis and treatment plan. If any changes are recommended, the report is discussed with your treating doctor. And because this is all done by correspondence, there is no need to travel anywhere to get your second medical opinion.
Providing access to this service is just one of the ways we go further for our valuable members.
Talk With a Doctor